The Raymond Piano Company was originally established in 1856 as the United States Piano & Organ Company by O.C. Whitney. Franklin L. Raymond joined the company in 1886, at which time the company started building their first pianos. Their factory was located on Wilson Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1913, the Jansen Piano Company took over the firm and incorporated it as the Raymond Piano Company. The firm moved their factory to East 132nd Street in New York City. The firm produced pianos under the 'Langdon' brand name in addition to the 'Raymond' brand. The Raymond Piano Company went out of business with the onset of World War 2.