The Pianola name was the brand name given to the Aeolian Corporation's highest grade of player pianos built during the first quarter of the 20th Century. The Aeolian Corporation was one of the largest and most successful piano companies in American History. Established in 1903, Aeolian originally built its empire on the new-found popularity of the player piano and Pianola. Aeolian went on to be a leading builder of all types of pianos and organs in America and Europe, and most of their pianos during this time were of excellent quality. Aeolian was in control of dozens of piano companies abroad, and in 1932 it merged with the American Piano Corporation to form the Aeolian-American Corporation. The Aeolian-American Corporation continued to build thousands of pianos under many different names for decades throughout the 20th Century. After the World War 2 era, Aeolian re-introduced a line of small modern upright player pianos under the "Pianola" brand name. These modern player pianos were popular for several decades, and many were sold through the 1950s-1980s era.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Weber Pianola Catalog
This is an early 20th Century catalog showing the Weber Pianola player piano offered by the Aeolian Company.