Parks, J.S.

J.S. Parks was originally established as Parks & Folsum in Boston during the 1840's – 1850's era. Their factory was located at 280 Washington Street. There is very little information available about this firm, but it is known that the firm was a small, family-owned company that built a limited number of higher quality organs and melodeons in the decades prior to the Civil War.


J.S. Parks Melodeon Advertisement 19th Century Melodeon Advertisement For The J.S. Parks Company, circa About 1845