Milton M. Morse was an active maker of melodeons and organs during the middle 19th Century era. M. M. Morse is first listed as making melodeons in New Hampshire in the late 1840s, then moving to Massachusetts in 1849. His shop was located at 263 Main Street, Worcester, Massachusetts. His firm is listed as 'Makers of Seraphines, Melodeons and Aeolians for Home and Parlor Use'. During the 1850s, Morse won several awards at fairs and exhibitions across the North East, and his instruments were highly regarded as durable and high quality. It appears that M. M. Morse was likely out of business before the onset of the Civil War.