Moreland Pianos & Organs were built by the Brockmeier Piano Company of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Established in 1908, the Brockmeier factory was located at 199-203 Canal Street. The Moreland line was offered as an affordable alternative to the costlier Brockmeier brand name while offering comparable quality. The firm was known for building good quality, durable instruments. The firm went out of business before 1930 due to the Great Depression.