The Miessner Piano Company was established in the early 1920's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Their factory was located at 122 Reed Street. The firm specialized in building small upright pianos and player pianos under the Miessner and Monogram brand names. These pianos were built for industrial use such as schools, churches, music studios, etc., anywhere that a light weight, quality piano was needed which could be easily moved around. The Miessner upright piano was only 43 inches tall, 54 inches wide, and 24 inches deep. Their player pianos were only one inch taller. The Miessner Piano Company was owned and controlled by the Jackson Piano Company of Milwaukee, and both Jackson and Miessner went out of business in about 1932 due to the Great Depression.