Mason & Hamlin

Mason & Hamlin is considered by far one of the finest piano makers of all time. Even today, there are few pianos that enjoy the amazing reputation that has been synonymous with Mason & Hamlin for the past 150 years. Mason & Hamlin was established in Boston in 1854, and they began as an organ manufacturer for the first few decades of their history. They began building pianos in the early 1880s, and instantly their instruments were celebrated as some of the finest pianos in the world. Mason & Hamlin introduced several innovations, including the patented 'tensions resonator', which set their pianos apart from the competition. During the 20th Century, Mason & Hamlin pianos were popular in schools, churches, and studios where they endured harsh and constant use. In the 1930s, they were absorbed into the giant Aeolian-American Corporation. Mason & Hamlin was sold a few subsequent times over the 20th Century, and the brand is still being built today in Massachusetts; their new models are still based on the famed Mason & Hamlin scale designs of the early 20th Century.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Mason & Hamlin Organ Ads 19th Century advertisements featuring the famous Mason & Hamlin organ line
Mason & Hamlin Piano Ads Mason & Hamlin advertisements showcasing their line of pianos
Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Catalog 1915 Early 20th Century Illustrated Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Sales Catalog, Circa 1915
Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Catalog 1940 Mid 20th Century Illustrated Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Sales Catalog, Circa 1940
Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Catalog 1906 Early 20th Century Illustrated Mason & Hamlin Piano Company Sales Catalog, Circa 1906
Mason & Hamlin Organ Company Catalog 1863 Mid 19th Century Illustrated Mason & Hamlin Organ Sales Catalog, Circa 1863
Mason & Hamlin Organ Company Catalog 1892 Late 19th Century Illustrated Mason & Hamlin Organ Sales Catalog, Circa 1892

RELATED INSTRUMENTS

$40,000 After Total Restoration
1912 | For Sale
$35,000 After Total Restoration
1926 | Sold
$30,000 After Total Restoration
1897 | Sale Pending