Marshall & Rose
Sir Herbert Marshall & Rose was one of the more prominent European piano makers of the 20th Century. Established in 1907 in London, England, Marshall & Rose built high quality, elaborate pianos and player pianos which were exported all over the world. By the 'teens Mr. Rose left the firm and the firm began building pianos under the names of "Sir Herbert Marshall & Co., Ltd." and "Sir Herbert Marshall & Sons, Ltd."
Although the firm was a late-comer compared to most other established English makers, the firm enjoyed a great deal of success throughout most of the 20th Century. They were known for building very durable, well made pianos, often using very lavish woods and cabinet designs. The firm ceased production in about 1998, just over a century after being established.