Manhattan Pianoforte Manufacturing Company

The Manhattan Pianoforte Manufacturing Company was a small firm based in New York City during the later part of the 19th Century. Their first listing is at 129 East 22nd Street in 1866, and then in 1868 the firm moved to a new factory at 229 East 29th Street. It is speculated that The Manhattan Pianoforte Manufacturing Company may have sub-contracted small independent piano shops to build some of their pianos. In cases like this, the instruments were generally of exceptional quality and craftsmanship and were virtually hand-made by a group of individuals or more often times a single family. There is no mention of the Manhattan Pianoforte Manufacturing Company after about 1880.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Manhattan Pianoforte Mfg. Co. Advertisement 19th Century Advertisement For The Manhattan Pianoforte Manufacturing Company, New York City