Lyon & Healy
Established in 1864, Lyon & Healy was the leading maker of concert harps in the world. In addition, they built pianos, player pianos, organs, and many other types of musical instruments for several decades. At one time, Lyon & Healy of Chicago claimed to be the largest music house in the entire world! The firm built pianos under the “Washburn Piano Company” name in addition to the “Lyon & Healy Piano Company” name. Lyon & Healy instruments were of superior quality across the board, and they enjoyed a stellar reputation until they were discontinued in the Great Depression. In the late 1980s, the Lyon & Healy name began being produced again in Asian import pianos.