Lynch, Patrick

The P. Lynch Piano Company was established in New York City in 1853 by Patrick Lynch. At first, Lynch is listed as being a retailer of pianos and musical instruments, but he was manufacturing square grand pianos by about 1860. Lynch marketed his instruments strongly throughout the Catholic community by advertising in their periodicals and offering references of seminaries, clergy, and convents. In 1866, Lynch went into partnership with a gentleman by the name of Gomien, and they built pianos under the name of Lynch & Gomien until about 1880.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

P. Lynch Advertisement Mid-19th Century Advertisements For The P. Lynch Piano Company, Circa 1863-1865
Lynch & Gomien Advertisement 19th Century Advertisement For Lynch & Gomien, Successor To Patrick Lynch, Circa 1870