The Ludwig Piano Company built high quality pianos in New York from 1889 until World War 2. Ludwig built a line of very elaborate upright pianos, later adding grand pianos to their line after the turn-of-the-century. Ludwig also built a line of player pianos under the 'Claviola' brand name. During the early 20th Century, Ludwig built pianos under the brand names of "Perry" and "Nevin". Both Perry and Nevin pianos were sold as a secondary line to the more expensive Ludwig brand instruments while offering comparable quality. In 1933, Ludwig was sold to the Ricca & Sons Piano Company of New York, and they continued building the Ludwig name until World War 2. We have restored several antique Ludwig pianos in our shop over the years, and they are consistently excellent pianos.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Ludwig Catalog 1900
Turn-of-the-century Ludwig Piano Catalog featuring their line of upright pianos and the "Claviola" player line.