The firm of Linnard & Weber (not to be confused with the Weber Piano Company of New York) was a very small-scale manufacturer in Pennsylvania during the 1850 â 1860 period. (James) Linnard & Weber's warerooms were located at 294 Chestnut Street, and their factory was at 396 Market Street, Philadelphia. The firm had a very good reputation for high quality instruments, specializing in square grand pianos and possibly melodeons. Linnard & Weber are listed as having one several awards at fairs and exhibitions, including a silver medal for best piano by the Franklin Institute in 1850 and premium diploma for best piano by the Ohio Mechanics Institute in 1851. One interesting note is that the famous Chickering & Sons Piano Company displayed a square grand piano by Linnard & Weber at their Exhibition at Horticultural Hall in Boston in 1902. There is very little information about this firm in our archives, and instruments by Linnard & Weber are exceedingly rare today.