William Linden was an active piano maker in New York's piano manufacturing industry during the 19th Century. Linden started his career in the 1830s by apprenticing with the firm of Dubois, Bacon & Chambers as a piano key maker. In about 1837, Linden is listed has having his own firm located at 399 Broome Street, New York City. In 1842, Linden went into partnership with John Fritz to form the firm of Linden & Fritz. The firm was known for building very high quality square pianos and possibly melodeons. The partnership was dissolved in 1859, and William Linden continued building pianos again under his own name until his death in 1865.