The Lakeside Piano Company was established in 1874 in Chicago, and they were the successors to the Tryber-Sweetland Piano Company. Their factories were located at 372 Fulton Street, and they built a full line of pianos and organs during the 19th Century era. After the 20th Century, the firm was purchased by the Fayette S. Cable Piano Company, and organs were discontinued. The firm continued to build several models of upright pianos, player pianos, and baby grand pianos until the Great Depression era. After about 1930, the firm began building a line of spinet and console pianos under the Lakeside name. Lakeside was discontinued in about 1950.