Louis Kindt is first listed in partnership with William Grupe in the piano manufacturing firm of 'Grupe & Kindt' from 1863 â 1865. In 1866, Kindt went into partnership with Jeorge M. Manz to establish the firm of 'Kindt & Manz'. This firm enjoyed moderate success until it was dissolved in about 1870. Louis Kindt built a limited number of pianos under his own name from about 1870 â 1873. In 1873, Kindt established his firm as 'Kindt & Company', building primarily square grand pianos and possibly melodeons until the late 1870s.