The firm of Kindler & Collins was a smaller firm that was known for building better quality instruments. Kindler & Collins was established in 1911 by Oscar L. Kindler and William P. Collins, and their factory was located t 520 West 48th Street. The firm built a full line of upright and grand pianos, but they specialized in building better quality player pianos and reproducing player grand pianos for the home. In addition to pianos built under the Kindler & Collins name, the firm built pianos under the 'Needham' label and player pianos under the 'Claviola' label. There is no mention of Kindler & Collins after about 1929, indicating the firm went out of business with the Great Depression.