Keogh was a small manufacturer of square grand pianos in Buffalo, NY from about 1850-1875. From 1850 - 1856, the firm was known as "A & J Keogh", but after 1856 our archives show the firm being listed as "Keogh & Company". In 1856, L. Gottschalk, one of the most famous pianists of the 19th Century, praised A & J Keogh for building an excellent piano, praising their square grands above and beyond most contemporary concert grand pianos of the day! Keogh used Gottschalk's endorsement for marking purposes for several years. Keogh never built a large volume of instruments, and they are exceedingly rare today.