Janssen

The Janssen Piano Company was established in 1901, and their factory was located at 82 Brown Place, New York City. Janssen was a larger manufacturer during the early 20th Century, and they offered a full line of upright pianos, baby grand pianos, and player pianos. Janssen manufactured pianos for several popular American piano companies, including R.S. Howard, Raymond, and Wissner. In about 1930, the firm became associated with the Horace Waters Piano Company, and together, the firms survived the Great Depression. In 1964, the Janssen name was purchased by C.G. Conn, Limited of Elkhart, Indiana. In 1970, Charles R. Walter bought rights to the Janssen name, and a limited number of Janssen pianos were produced through the 1970's and 1980's

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Janssen Piano Advertisements Early 20th Century Advertisements For The Janssen Piano Company, New York