Jacob Brothers Piano Company was established in 1878 as a larger retailer in New York and Boston. Prior to 1905, Jacob Brothers sold pianos manufactured by the Peek & Sons Piano Company. After 1905, Jacob Brothers established factories in Leominster, MA and sold their pianos both wholesale and retail. Jacob Brothers manufactured pianos for several well known American manufacturers including Euterpe, James & Holstrom, Nilson & Co., Opera Piano Company, Peek & Sons, and Premier Piano Company. After 1946, Jacob Brothers pianos were manufactured by the Mathushek Piano Company. There is no mention of Jacob Brothers after about 1955.