The Jackson Piano Company was established in 1917 in Milwaukee, Wisconson. Their factory was located at 122 Reed Street. The Jackson Piano Company built pianos under the brand names of Jackson, P.C. Jackson, Jackson & Morton, Monogram and Miessner Pianos. The firm specialized in building small upright pianos and player pianos under the Miessner name for industrial use such as schools, churches, music studios, etc., anywhere that a light weight, quality piano was needed which could be easily moved around. The Miessner upright piano was only 43 inches tall, 54 inches wide, and 24 inches deep. Their player pianos were only one inch taller. The Jackson Piano Company went out of business in about 1932 due to the Great Depression.