The Imperial Organ & Piano Company, Ltd., was a moderately successful English manufacturer from the early to middle 20th Century. The firm was established in London in 1902, and was the successor of the 'Collins Organ & Piano Company'. The firm was most productive in the âteens and âtwenties, and their factory was located at 45 â 47 Ellingford Road & Mare Street, London.
The Imperial Organ & Piano Company was known for building very elaborate, high quality instruments which were often quite expensive compared to other contemporary manufactures. The firm built a full line of upright and baby grand pianos, as well as a variety of organs for both home and church use. They also built two-manual reed organs, as well as two-manual and pedal board reed organs. During the 1930s, Imperial built a limited number of instruments called the 'Pianorgan', a piano and reed organ combined in one instrument. Imperial continued operation until the late 1960s.