The firm of O.P. Howe & Company was a small, family owned firm in Augusta, Maine that manufactured a limited number of square grand pianos and melodeons from 1839-1850. The firm was located at the corner Bridge and Water Street. O.P. Howe was known for building very high quality instruments, being hand-crafted with great attention to detail and craftsmanship. Instruments by Howe are of museum caliber today, and they are exceedingly rare.