The Howard Piano Company of Cincinnati (not to be confused with the R.S. Howard Piano Company of New York) was a part of the large and illustrious Baldwin Piano & Organ Company. Howard was established in 1895, and was sold in Baldwin stores as a more affordable alternative to the costlier Baldwin brand instruments. Howard instruments were of very good quality, and like all Baldwin products, were very durable. Howard produced pianos until the late 1960's. Today, the Baldwin and Howard names are owned by the Gibson Guitar Company of Nashville, Tennessee.