Hopkinson, J. J.
The J. J. Hopkinson Piano Company was originally incorporated in Leeds, England as the 'Hopkinson Piano Company' in 1835 by John Hopkinson. In 1846, John Hopkinson took his brother James into partnership, forming the firm of 'J. J. Hopkinson', and the firm was moved to London. J. J. Hopkinson was one of the larger English piano manufacturers during the 19th Century. The name of J. J. Hopkinson merged with several other companies over the years, and the name was produced consistently throughout most of the 20th Century. The J. J. Hopkinson name was discontinued in 1998.Return To Brands
J. J. Hopkinson Advertisement
19th Century Advertisement For J. J. Hopkinson Piano Company, London