Theodore Hoffman was a very small-scale piano maker in New York City during the middle to late 19th Century. Hoffman is first listed in 1854 at 32 Second Street, moving to Mercer Street by 1860. In 1858, Hoffman went into partnership with Charles Eckert to form the firm of 'Hoffman & Eckert', building pianos as well as piano keys, action parts, etc. Hoffman withdrew from the partnership in 1859, building pianos under his own name until about 1861 â 1862. In about 1862, Hoffman went into partnership with Joseph Stuehler, establishing the firm of 'Hoffman & Stuehler' which was based in Brooklyn. Hoffman left this partnership in 1869, again building pianos under his own name. There is no listing of Theodore Hoffman being active in the piano industry after about 1870.