Hews, George

George Hews began building pianos in Boston sometime around 1840 under the brand names of 'George Hews' and 'Hews & Company'. His factory was located at 379n Washington Street in Boston. George Hews built a small number of square grand pianos over several decades, and he had a reputation of exceptional quality. Hews went out of business in about 1883, and his instruments are exceedingly rare today.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

George Hews Piano Company Advertisements 19th Century Advertisements From The George Hews Piano Company, Circa About 1845