Christian Hausmann was a briefly successful, small scale piano manufacturing in the 19th Century. He is first listed as building pianos at #1 Broome Street in about 1866. In 1867, Christian Hausmann went into partnership with Adam Schmitt and John Miller, heading the piano manufacturing firm of 'Hausmann & Company'. In addition to his involvement in Hausmann & Company, Christian Hausmann was in a separate partnership with Bernard Kroeger from 1867 â 1869, and headed the firm of 'Kroeger & Hausmann'. Hausmann's partnership with Schmitt and Miller in Hausmann & Company was dissolved in 1873, and there is no mention of Hausmann being active in the piano industry after this time.