The E.G. Harrington Piano Company was established in 1871 in New York City. The firm quickly gained recognition for building very high quality instruments, and they were producing an estimated 100 pianos a month by 1880. After the turn-of-the-century, the Harrington firm was controlled by the illustrious Hardman Peck Piano Company. Hardman, Peck & Company built pianos under the names of Hardman, Harrington, Standard, and Hensel. During the early 20th Century, the firm produced a full line of upright pianos, player pianos, and baby grand pianos. The Hardman Peck Company was purchased by industrial giant Aeolian during the Great Depression era, and they continued to build Harrington pianos until the 1960's. These post-Depression era instruments were mostly small console and spinet pianos, as well as small apartment size baby grands.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA
Harrington Autotone (Hardman, Peck & Co.) player piano advertisement, circa 1910
Harrington Piano Catalog
19th Century E.G. Harrington Piano Sales Catalog Featuring Their Full Line Of Upright & Square Pianos, Circa 1880. (Original scans courtesy of www.musicaviva.com)