Guild, George M.
In 1861, George M. Guild entered into a partnership with C.C. Briggs (later of Briggs Piano Company) and formed the firm of George M. Guild & Company of Boston. Shortly thereafter, Briggs withdrew and formed his own company. George M. Guild built higher grade, well made pianos and won several awards for patents he implemented in piano design and construction. The firm primarily built square and upright pianos during this era, and they were known to be very advanced and ahead of their time. In 1867, Guild went into partnership with Mr. Church, and the name of the company was changed to Guild, Church & Company. Church withdrew, and in 1890 the name of the firm was changed to Guild Piano Company. Guild continued to build pianos well into the first quarter of the 20th Century.Return To Brands
Guild Piano Advertisements
Late 19th Century Advertisements For The Guild Piano Company