The Union Piano-Forte Company was established in New York City in about 1866. The firm was located at 479 Tenth Avenue, and was chartered by Samuel Fisk, President. J.P. Hale, a historical figure in American piano history, was listed as Treasurer and General Agent for the firm. In 1872, Fisk left the firm and was replaced by Hale as President. By 1875, the factory was listed at West 35th & 10th Avenue, New York City. In about 1876, The Union Piano-Forte Company was merged to become a part of J. P. Hale's other concerns.