Robert Glenn was one of the more active piano makers of the 19th Century. Glenn is listed as a partner with John Wake as early as 1839, forming the firm of 'Wake & Glenn'. The partnership lasted until about 1842. After this partnership was dissolved, Glenn continued to build pianos under his own name. In 1844, Robert Glenn went into partnership with Abel Rogers, establishing the firm of Glenn, Rogers & Company. This partnership lasted until 1846, when Glenn withdrew to establish his own firm as 'Robert Glenn & Company'. Robert Glenn went on to build highly acclaimed pianos until his death in 1855. Pianos by Robert Glenn are exceedingly rare today, and are of museum caliber.