Fuehr & Stemmer
The Fuehr & Stemmer Piano Company was established in Chicago in 1903. The firm was located at 2701 – 2709 South Wells Street, Chicago and moved to 1932 Wentworth Avenue by the mid 1920’s. Fuehr & Stemmer primarily built upright pianos and player pianos and later included photographs to their product line. The firm went out of business just before the Great Depression.
Fuehr & Stemmer pianos are a bit rare today, indicating they were built in relatively small numbers. The Fuehr & Stemmer pianos we have seen come through our restoration shop have generally been very well made instruments.