The Franklin Piano Company was established in 1887. Their factories were located on West 28th Street in New York City. Franklin marketed their instruments with the Benjamin Franklin logo, although there was never any real connection with the famous Benjamin Franklin and the Franklin Piano Company. Franklin was known for building good quality instruments. Shortly after the turn of the 20th Century, The Franklin Piano Company was acquired by the large Foster-Armstrong Piano Company, and they continued to build the Franklin name until about 1933. During the âteens and âtwenties, Franklin built a line of very high quality player pianos and reproducing player grand pianos, often in very nice period art-case cabinets.