Foley & Williams
The Foley & Williams Piano Company was established in Chicago in 1870. Records show that Foley & Williams instruments were actually manufactured by the E.P. Johnson Piano Company of Ottawa, IL. During the 1870's - 1890's, Foley & Williams marketed a large number of parlor organs and chapel organs, as well as pianos. By 1910 most of their organs had been discontinued in favor of piano production.
In the late 19th and early 20th Century, Foley & Williams sold pianos and organs under their own name as well as the brand names of "Northwestern" and “Peerless”, and reed organs under the name of "Pipe-Tone". The Foley & Williams pianos & organs we have seen come through our shop have been very elaborate, well-made instruments, indicating they were a higher grade, higher priced instrument. Foley & Williams went out of business in 1930 with the Great Depression.