Emerson

The Emerson Piano Company was originally established by William P. Emerson as the W. P. Emerson Piano Company in Boston in 1849. Emerson was one of several prominent old Boston names in piano building, and by the turn-of-the-century they were one of the largest and most successful piano manufacturers in America. W. P. Emerson died in the late 1870s, and the name of the company was changed from 'W. P. Emerson Piano Company' to 'The Emerson Piano Company'. Emerson built high quality, expensive pianos, and they were especially well known for its lavish use of exotic woods and handsome cabinetry complimenting the superior musical instrument within. The Emerson Piano Company went out of business with the onset of World War 2. Today, Emerson pianos are among the finest antique pianos we see come through our restoration shop.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Emerson Catalog 1880 Very Rare Victorian Era Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1880
Emerson Catalog 1881 Very Rare Victorian Era Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1881
Emerson Catalog 1889 Late Victorian Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1889
Emerson Catalog 1895 Late Victorian Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1895
Emerson Catalog 1907 Early 20th Century Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1907
Emerson Catalog 1910 Early 20th Century Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1910
Emerson Catalog 1918

Early 20th Century Emerson Piano Company Illustrated Catalog, Circa 1918

Emerson Advertisements Typical Period Advertisements for the Emerson Piano Company, Boston
Emerson Illustrated Advertisement Late 19th Century Advertisement Entitled "Romance Of An Emerson", Circa 1890
W. P. Emerson Advertisements 19th Century Advertisements for W. P. Emerson Piano Company, Predecessor To The Emerson Piano Company, Boston

RELATED INSTRUMENTS

$14,000
1889 | For Sale
$30,000 After Total Restoration
1876 | For Sale
$13,000 After Total Restoration
1904 | Sold