The Eilers Piano Company was established by Hy Eilers in Portland, Oregon in 1899. Originally a large retail store, the firm began building good quality pianos and player pianos with modest success throughout the âteens and âtwenties era. They produced a very popular player piano called the 'Bungalow' with smaller proportions than most massive player pianos of the era. Eilers pianos were distributed mainly on the West Coast, and they are rarely found in the middle or eastern United States today. The firm went out of business by 1930 with the onset of the Great Depression.