The Dominion Piano & Organ Company was one of Canada's more successful piano manufactures of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. The firm was originally established as the Oshawa Organ & Melodeon Company in 1870 by A.M. Darley and William Robinson. In about 1873, the firm moved to Bowmanville, Ontario. H. O'Hara joined the firm that same year. In about 1879, the firm started building pianos in addition to organs, and the name was changed to The Dominion Piano & Organ Company. In addition to the Dominion brand name, the firm produced pianos under the names 'Farwell' and 'Rainer & Co'. The Dominion Piano & Organ Company went out of business in 1936.