The DeVine Brothers Piano Company was established around 1862 in Buffalo, New York. The firm built several models of square grand pianos during the mid to late 19th Century, and their factory was located at the corner of Niagara & Maryland Streets. DeVine Brothers was a very small firm, and they never produced a large volume of pianos. They had a reputation for building very good quality, high grand square pianos during their short history. There is no mention of DeVine Brothers after about 1880, indicating the firm only lasted about two decades. Pianos by DeVine Brothers are exceedingly rare today.