The Davies Family (not to be confused with Davis) was active in the piano manufacturing business during the 19th Century. The family members involved were Edward J. Davies, Julian G. Davies, and John E. Davies.
Edward J. Davies established his own firm at only 25 years of age in New York City in 1835. His first workshop is listed at 142 Elm. In 1836, he joined his brother Julian G. Davies to establish the firm of 'Davies & Brother'. Davies & Brother moved their firm to New Jersey before 1840, to join John E. Davies' firm. Julian Davies returned to New York City in 1854, and Edward returned in 1856. Edward Davies left the piano industry in 1857, but Julian continued building pianos under the name of 'Julian Davies & Company' until about 1871.