(SEE ALSO: CROWN, GEORGE P. BENT)
The Concord Piano Company was controlled and manufactured by the famous George P. Bent Piano Company of Chicago. Concord had factories in Louisville, KY and Chicago. Established in 1870, George P. Bent built instruments under both his own name and also under the 'Concord' and 'Crown' brand names. George P. Bent stopped building pianos in about 1929 when the Great Depression hit, but the Concord brand name was produced up until the late 1940s. George P. Bent and 'Concord' brand organs were also sold and distributed by Sears Roebuck & Company on a limited basis at the turn-of-the-century.