The Chute & Butler Piano Company was established in 1900 in Peru, Indiana. Chute & Butler was a smaller-scale piano manufacturer that specialized in upright pianos and player pianos. The firm also produced a limited number of baby grand pianos as well. In their earlier years, Chute & Butler produced a 'piano-cased organ' called the 'Piolian Organ' which was marketed in an attempt to revive interest in the waning popularity of the parlor organ. We have seen a handful of Chute & Butler instruments come through our shop over the years, and they are consistently of very good quality. Chute & Butler went out of business in about 1923.