SEE ALSO: ACOUSTIGRANDE
Chickering Brothers (not to be confused with Chickering & Sons) was established in Chicago in 1892 by Clifford Chickering, a distant relative of the famous Chickering & Sons of Boston. Chickering Brothers built exceptional instruments, including the Acoustigrande and the Capacoustic Grand pianos. These instruments were scientifically designed to get the maximum tone and volume for size, often being quite small in outward dimensions.
Both "Chickering Brothers" and "Acoustigrande" were acquired by The American Piano Company in 1924. The American Piano Company had acquired the "Chickering & Sons" name sometime earlier, eventually bringing the Acoustigrande, Chickering Brothers and Chickering & Sons together within the American Piano Company.