(SEE ALSO CABLE PIANO COMPANY)
The Chicago Cottage Organ & Piano Company was originally established in 1879 as the Wolfinger Organ Company by a group of partners named Wolfinger, Comstock, and Cable. In 1885, the name was changed to Chicago Cottage Organ & Piano Company, and they built pianos and organs until the early 1900s. Shortly after the turn of the 20th Century, the name was changed to The Cable Piano Company, one of the most famous Piano manufacturers in American History. Although Chicago Cottage Organ & Piano Company was dissolved shortly after 1900, the Cable Piano Company went on to build pianos for nearly a century.