Cable-Nelson

In 1903, Fayette S. Cable, brother of H.D. Cable (Cable Piano Company) and Hobart M. Cable (Hobart M. Cable Piano Company) purchased the Lakeside and Sweetland Piano Companies to form the Fayette S. Cable Piano Company. Nelson joined the firm in 1905, and the name changed to the Cable-Nelson Piano Company. The firm built pianos under the names of Fayette S. Cable, Cable-Nelson, Radcliffe, Lakeside, Sweetland, and Boller for decades throughout the 20th Century. Their pianos were of very good quality, and luckily they are fairly plentiful today. Cable-Nelson was taken over by the Everett Piano Company in the 1920's, and continued to build the Cable-Nelson and Fayette S. Cable names until the 1980's.

INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHEMERA

Cable-Nelson Piano Catalog Early 20th Century Cable-Nelson Piano Sales Catalog, Circa 1927. (Original scans courtesy of www.musicaviva.com)
Cable Nelson Advertisements Early 20th Century Advertisements For The Cable Nelson Piano Company

RELATED INSTRUMENTS

$18,000 After Total Restoration
1918 | Sold