The Brockport Piano Manufacturing Company of Brockport, New York built pianos from about 1890 until the Great Depression era. Capen was the premier brand name produced by Brockport, and they were known for building elaborately carved pianos made of exotic woods. These pianos were quite expensive for their time. In addition to the Capen name, The Brockport Piano Manufacturing Company built pianos under the names of "Lake Piano Company", "Phelps", and "Witney". There is very little information available about the firm, but it is listed that The Brockport Piano Manufacturing Company was owned by the large C. Kurtzmann Piano Company of Buffalo, NY.