The Brockmeier Piano Company was established in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1908. Their factory was located at 199-203 Canal Street. The Brockmeier Piano Company offered a line of upright pianos, player pianos, and baby grand pianos during the first quarter of the 20th Century. The firm was known for building good quality, durable instruments. In addition to building pianos under the Brockmeier name, the firm also built organs and pianos under the 'Moreland' brand name. The firm went out of business before 1930 due to the Great Depression.