The Braumuller Piano Company was incorporated in 1889 by C.F. Hovey. The factory was located on 42nd Street in New York City, and they were known for building very elaborate, high quality pianos and player pianos. In addition to the Braumuller name, the firm built pianos under the 'Parklyn' brand name. In 1921, Braumuller purchased their neighboring Baumeister Piano Company. There is no mention of Braumuller after about 1933, indicating that the firm went out of business during the Great Depression era.