Betts, Charles J.
Charles J. Betts begin as an instrument dealer & manufacturer in about 1860. His first shop was located at #4 LeRoy Place, New York City. Charles Betts built a number of square grand pianos, slowly integrating uprights into his product line as the turn-of-the-century drew nearer. By 1885, Betts had expanded to a larger factory at the prestigious Union Square in New York City. There is no mention of the firm after about 1890, indicating the firm was out of business well before the turn-of-the-century.Return To Brands
Charles J. Betts Piano Advertisement
19th Century Advertisement For Charles J. Betts, Piano Maker, New York City