The 'Bell Treble' brand name was a line of square pianos produced by the St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company of St. Louis, Missouri. The firm was established in 1864, with factories at South 11th Street and warerooms at 5th & Locust Streets. In the 1870's, the firm was producing an average of 300 pianos annually. Pianos built by the St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company were known to be elaborate, high quality instruments often made of lavish and exotic woods. Pianos built by the firm are quite rare today, and rarely found outside of the Midwestern United States. The St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company went out of business in 1883.
INSTRUMENT CATALOGS & EPHERMERA
Bell Treble Advertisements
19th Century Advertisements For The "Bell Treble" Line Of Pianos By The St. Louis Piano Manufacturing Company, Circa 1870